OK! OK! Let’s just calm down here!
It’s really no biggie. I found some small trails of rust and scale at the bottom of three of the four passenger doors on the HHR. Between the drain holes and the lower folded seams. So I went ahead and broke out the wire wheel and went after all the offending sections. Didn’t really take long because they were all less than 2 inches wide. On the two driver side doors it went pretty much across the whole door bottom. On the passenger front door it was about half.
After that was done I cleaned it off and gave all the sections a shot of rust killer. And as advertised it turned black as it did its’ job. The only thing left to do is give it a shot of primer and color as soon as the 24 hour dry time is up tomorrow. So I will have some small trim work to do tomorrow.
I guess it is a good thing I caught it before winter sets in. So it should be good for a bit. And so far that is the only rust I have seen on the HHR. I am keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!