Why? Because it looked like crap. That’s why!
Another goofy project I am working on. I have been looking at the pealing finish the factory hitch since I got the van. So a few days ago I decided to do something about it. I took the unit down. A pretty simple task really. 8 bolts and down it came, with some assistance from a floor jack. These bad boys are heavy and awkward.
I then set out to clean it down and get it ready for a refinish. There are a whole bunch of nooks and crannies on this unit so it took a couple of hours but I got it done. Then it was time for a coat of rust converter to get the spots I may have missed. A wait time of 24 hours was needed so I took a break overnight.
Yesterday it was a scuff and shoot with some black epoxy A couple of good coats and we were good. Then another overnight dry time.