Fayes’ PT gets some attention


After a goofy shift problem reappeared I finally got a chance to take a look see and try to figure out what the heck was going on. All the symptoms were similar to an episode about a year ago. Slow engaging of first and reverse, some weird 1/2 downshifts. So I went ahead and changed out the input and output speed sensors again. My trans consultant, Pete, gave me some guidance as to a possible filter issue. So I went ahead and replaced the trans filter and fluid. So far so good it appears to be better but I will see if it acts OK for Faye.

I also took care of some water intrusion into the driver rear taillight housing. A couple of drain holes were added and a bit of silicone  sealant around the perimeter of the shell should solve that. No biggie but it had caused some problems with the bulbs. I think I got that licked too.

So, I am calling it a day and going to clean up and retire to the patio for some well deserved refreshments!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s