Here we are in the new year and I have just updated the main site.
Just the MAIN site for now.
The GARAGE and LIBRARY will get tweaked as time permits.
Most of the changes are an effort to consolidate and tune it up for speed. I pared down the fluff and get it nice without getting carried away. Here is a quick look at the new main page. Click on the image and you can see it live!
For now the winter headers with the snow effect will be up until March .. ish. Then I will put in the summer headers. And the 2018 cruise calendars are being assembled as we speak. Not all of the dates are finalized but they are coming.
All the core stuff is there with a few graphic enhancements along the way. Feel free to give a it a look and spot the updates.. If you haven’t been there before feel free to check it out with the fresh site.
Like I said more to come! Just be patient.
How did I fix it? I retired!
Having one too many bad days at work? You’re burning out! WHAT IS BURNOUT? A state of being in prolonged stress resulting in: Emotional exhaustion Feelings of bleakness Feelings of helplessness Hallmarks: Mental, physical and emotional exhaustion Burnout leaves you feeling psychologically drained Workplace burnout is the most common type You are not alone: Of […]
via BURNOUT — venitism
Taking a look at the bearings and brakes on the camper
I spent some time today disassembling the wheels and checking the brake units on the camper. As I suspected the bearings were in good shape and a quick cleaning and repacking was in order.
I can’t say the same for the brake units. This camper has electric brakes. They are small 7′ by 1 1/2″ units. The passenger side was a total disaster. When I removed the drum/hub the brake pad material literally dropped out! Not good! So I removed the 4 nuts that hold the unit on to the axle and removed the unit.
The driver side was similar but this time the coil assembly dropped out! I attempted to get the 4 nuts off to remove the unit only one decided to break the mount stud weld inside the unit so I had to do some additional disassembly of the brake unit to get to the stud in order to get the nut off. Not really hard just annoying. But I did it.
I went to a local parts store and got some new seals and proceeded to clean and repack the bearings. And after a cleanup of the drums inside I assembled the hubs, reinstalled them, and adjusted them uneventfully.
Things To Do
So now it is an online hunt for some new brake units. No biggie. They are fully assembled and install with the four studs and nuts. Then a couple of wire hookups and we’re good to go. Literally. With fully functional brakes! Nice!
My first duty assignment was to RVAH1 at NAS Albany, GA. This month RecceNet the online newsletter for the recon squadrons featured my old squadron. Just a bit of military nostalgia. Enjoy!
Vigilante – RVAH NAVY Newsletter
I am part of a Detroit News article!
While “cruising the web” I stumbled across a Woodward Dream Cruise article in the Detroit News
As I scrolled through the article, low and behold, there was the grille of MY Mustang! I was kind of taken aback that it was there and then I was pleased that it caught the eye of the photographer. All I can say is that I built it as a diversion from the normal Mustang grille but it gets some other attention because of that fact.
I am pleased with the outcome! Nice!
Detroit has grasped the Dream Cruise in a unique way by presenting a follow-up set of events at Hart Plaza on the days following the Worlds Largest Car Event -THE WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE.
I will probably attend at least one night.Check it out!
Finishing up the engine compartment on Squeaky Toy
After being side-tracked doing some interior / exterior upgrades to Wun Tun Zoop I turned my attention back to the Squeaky Toy project
See that project here
This morning I took some time and attacked the engine compartment. It was mostly wiring but there were some other things that needed to be addressed. All the wiring has been strung but I hadn’t gotten around to terminating the connections. This allowed me to re-bundle some of the wiring.
A major portion of this segment project was the front light harness. It is now an all on system. Meaning I am bypassing the whole running lights only to running lights with headlights scenario. Mine is all on or nothing. Including the sport lights. It does make it a bit simpler but it all comes from a single feed to a single point. So a multi-point terminal block and a multi-point ground block got the job done nicely. They are now located on the driver side of the radiator core support. All where they are easy to get to and easily maintained.
Light ’em up and watch the gauges!
Another section that got finalized was the gauge / ignition feeds. Not a big thing but still needed to be finished. I managed to locate my original coil mounting bracket. After a quick cleanup I gave it a nice paint job. And after a bit of rummaging around the goodie bins I found a new chrome Mallory coil. With the new coil mounted on the driver head face it was a nice wiring run with the oil sender and water temp wires.
Some smaller things were cleaning up the distributor clamp and bolt. And I fit the new heater hoses to the pump and intake. It became obvious that the heater hose routing on the new Edelbrock intake would work better with a 90 degree elbow intake fitting. So that is my shop stuff for the morrow.
While we are at it
One side bar item was that we had decided earlier in the project to install a rebuilt distributor so I went shopping online and while I was on the O’Reilly webshop I stumbled across a clearance on AI Cardone distributors! Mine was $22! Plus a small shipping charge. I fluked into a bargain. It is on its’ way!
All in all it was a productive day
It was a bit warmish but I just took it slow and took a lot of liquid breaks. I decided to quit around 3ish. So now it is a shower and Captain Morgan. So long for now. Consider yourself updated.